by Scott Morgan, April 09, 2012,
ScienceDaily (Apr. 6, 2012) — Homophobia is more pronounced in individuals with an unacknowledged attraction to the same sex and who grew up with authoritarian parents who forbade such desires, a series of psychology studies demonstrates.
This, of course, goes a long way towards explaining why the leaders of the anti-gay movement are constantly caught in delightfully gay situations, but I wonder if it tells us anything about the anti-drug demagogues who’ve been insisting so strenuously that everyone sober up for the good of society. Maybe deep down inside they really just wanna party.
Heck, it might even explain why Obama’s been so cold to us. After all, this guy used to get down pretty hard, but now he’s got a wife and kids and a really busy job being the President, so he can’t exactly just twist one up whenever he feels like getting funky.
If you think I’m just being silly here, well yeah you’re half right, but honestly I’ve yet to hear a much better explanation for Obama’s vicious betrayal of the campaign promises he made regarding marijuana policy. Maybe we’ll get one eventually. In the meantime, I won’t be holding my breath hoping our anti-pot President gets caught in a closet somewhere sucking on a bong.
- Irony Alert: Anti-Marijuana Newspaper Runs Ads for Pot Paraphernalia (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Are homophobes secretly gay? (bazaardaily.com)
- Opponents of Marijuana Legalization are Wasting Their Time (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Dear Media, Please Ask Obama to Explain His Escalating War on Medical Marijuana (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Warning: Sweaty, Disagreeable Teenagers Might Be High on Drugs (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)